You’re ‘not a Washington insider’? You, the former Speaker of the House and Freddie Mac consulting millionaire, are THE Washington insider! When Washington gets its prostate checked, it tickles you!!!
JON STEWART, responding to Newt Gingrich positioning himself as the “outsider who scares the Republican establishment,” on The Daily Show
On my order, U.S. forces have begun strikes on terrorist camps of al Qaeda, and the military installations of the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.
More from "The Daily Show."
- STEWART:Here's the reality: the top one percent (of earners) take in nearly 25 percent of income today.
- O'REILLY:And pay how much of the tax? THIRTY PERCENT OF IT.
- STEWART (continuing):But 25 years ago, it was TWELVE percent. Top one percent control 40 percent of the wealth: just five years ago, it was 33 percent. Top one percent have had incomes rise 18 percent over the last decade!
- O'REILLY (childish):We should just shoot them.
- STEWART:I'm not saying we should shoot them. But we shouldn't act like returning to the tax rate of the 90's is class warfare on par with Lenin and Marx.
President Obama on Monday will call for a new minimum tax rate for individuals making more than $1 million a year to ensure that they pay at least the same percentage of their earnings as middle-income taxpayers, according to administration officials.